Friday, March 19, 2010

"Loved By All" by Draug419

Wow. This is a weird, weird fanfic. And I mean that in a good way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5092272/1/Loved_By_All

I can't even really properly tell you the plot without giving anything away. It's Remus/Sirius, but, once again, that is more of a backdrop to a really, really weird story. It's an AU, and Remus, Sirius and James (there's never any Peter in these things, is there?) attend another wizarding school, which is Hogwarts minus the charm and warmth. What you have here is a thriller that I couldn't stop reading almost despite myself. I kept wondering, What the FUCK is going to happen next?

Draug's writing isn't particularly good, but she does have a knack for interesting plots (she could almost release this as a whole new novel, given the way it strays from canon; I think she was influenced by The Chocolate War, but let me just say, it's not very much like that book, either), and she introduces some interesting concepts about magic (Imperius vs. Veritaserum for example) and that's where the rec comes from. A place of WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment