Friday, March 5, 2010

"The Dating Disasters of Sirius Black" by KaleyK

I was, for the longest time, anti-slash. It was in part because everyone and their dog were writing Remus/Sirius stuff and frankly, I never liked being part of the crowd, and also because it just didn't appeal to me. The chemistry between the pair had never seemed right. I was a big fan of Lupin/Tonks, though, and I was taunted quite a bit about that by "puppshippers" (this was before HBP came out and proved me right, of course).

That said, I loved reading Marauder-era fanfic and, basically, a lot of it was slash. This was the first Remus/Sirius fic that really clicked with me, though. It was the first time I thought, Well, all right, I can buy that, I suppose.

http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/kabeyk/TDDOSB.html

This fic has a great build-up, great character-development all around, nice writing in general. None of it happens too fast, and the Shakespeare parallels endlessly amuse me. This is the example of more-than-bearable slash, and, more than that, it's the example of why stubborn assholes (myself included at one point, I'll admit) shouldn't overlook the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment